Ulyanovsk UNESCO City of Literature becomes a partner of city libraries events dedicated to the memory of the poet Alexander Pushkin
February 10 is the 186th anniversary of the death of the great poet Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin.
Interesting facts about the poet:
- Young Pushkin was fascinated by the French language and French poetry, for which he received the nickname 'Frenchman' from his peers.
- Alexander Sergeevich left many drawings in his manuscripts. And they still delight admirers of the poet's talent.
- Turgenev considered Pushkin's poems a cure for depression, and in case of a bad mood he recommended reading at least a dozen of them.
- It was Pushkin who gave Gogol the idea of writing his book 'The Government Inspector' ('Revizor').
- The poet survived 20 duels, but the 21st became fatal for him.
Do you enjoy reading Pushkin? What poems or fairy tales by Pushkin do you re-read? Write in the comments here.